Focus and Scope
The journal of Islamic International Medical College ( JIIMC ) is a peer reviewed medical journal. It is the official journal of Islamic International Medical College. The journal is published since 2004. It has been published on regular basis since 2008.
ISSN (Print) 1815-4018
ISSN (Online): 2410-5422
The JIIMC is a peer reviewed journal and follows the uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to Biomedical journals, updated on www.icmje.org. More than five years old data will not be published in the journal. JIIMC is published on controlled circulation basis and distributed among the faculty of IIMC and all medical colleges, private clinics, main national libraries and the libraries of all the medical colleges of Pakistan. All the rights are reserved. No part of this publication can be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, except for internal or personal use, without the prior permission of the publisher. The publisher and the members of the editorial board cannot be held responsible for errors or for any consequences arising from the use of the information contained in JIIMC.
Limited number of complimentary copies are sent to HEC, PMDC, CPSP, universities, medical colleges, national libraries, and general practitioners and doctors in training on request.
Blind Peer Review Process
JIIMC is aiming to set a panel of blind peer-reviewers with diverse knowledge and expertise in their specialties, and having a vast experience as researcher.
Expectations from Reviewers
I. Critical and constructive evaluation of a manuscript.
2. Detailed comments on the research and the manuscript.
3. To assess the manuscript according to the reviewers’ proforma. This includes assessments of the originality and importance of the research; the design of the study; the methods of study, the presentation of the results and the overall quality of the manuscript.
4. The reviewer makes recommendations about the suitability of the manuscript for publication in JIIMC.
5. The reviewer grades some characteristics of the manuscript, such as originality, quality, accuracy, readability and interest to readers.
6. Reviewers are expected to treat the manuscript as a confidential document.
7. Reviewers must not make any use of the work described in the manuscript.
8. Reviewers are not supposed to communicate directly with authors or even identify themselves to authors.
9. Reviewers are expected to return the reviewed manuscript within two weeks.
Selection of Reviewers
1. Seventy five percent of reviewers will be from Pakistan and 25% will be selected from abroad.
2. The editor may identify potential reviewers on the basis of personal knowledge of the topic or from among the authors of references in the manuscript, the membership of the society that publishes the journal, or computer searches of databases such as PubMed, Medline or by asking for names from reviewers who decline to review the manuscript (see below).
3. Authors may suggest reviewers for their manuscript, whether invited to do so by the editor or not. The editor may choose to use one or more of these reviewers, but are under no obligation to do so. (Authors may ask that certain people not be asked to review their manuscript, but editors are not obligated to accept these requests either).
4. The editor should ask reviewers, by telephone, fax or e-mail, if they are willing to review a particular manuscript, and give them a date that the review is due at the editorial office (usually 3 to 4 weeks), rather than simply sending the manuscript to the reviewer. At the same time, the editor can ask for the names of others who might review the manuscript should the person initially contacted decline.
5. The editor is responsible for keeping track of reviewers, and taking steps to make sure reviews are completed in a timely manner. Each peer review is rated by the editor assigned to the manuscript and stored with the reviewer’s profile in the Rapid Review reviewer database. This rating becomes part of the reviewing history of each peer reviewer, and can be viewed by the editors as they select potential reviewers for future manuscripts. The reviewer database also contains information on the reviewers’ areas of expertise; the number of previous invitations to review and number accepted; dates of submitted reviews, and days taken to produce reviews. Reviewers who consistently decline invitations or who write brief unhelpful reviews are eventually removed from the database.
6. To avoid overworking reviewers, each reviewer will be asked to evaluate not more than one manuscript per month.
7. If a reviewer does not complete a review on a timely basis, the editor should proceed with evaluation of the manuscript. He can make a decision to accept or reject the manuscript based on the comments and recommendations of another reviewer(s) or his own evaluation of the manuscript, or by seeking additional review.
Manuscript Processing Fee
PKR 2000/- for Manuscript & PKR 1000/- for Case Report
They will be given free copies of journal.
Open Access Policy
The JIIMC is an open access journal with an aim to share and exchange the knowledge globally.
JIIMC is a peer reviewed medical journal publsihed by IIMC, Rawalpindi. All rights are reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, except for internal or personal use, without the prior permission of the publisher.The publisher and the members of the editorial board cannot be held responsible for errors or for any consequences arising from the use of the information contained in this journal. No processing fee or printing fee is charged from the authors. The journal has no subscription and distributed free of charges. Limited number of complimentary copies are sent to HEC, PMDC, CPSP, universities, medical colleges, libraries and general practitioners.
Digital Archiving Policy
There is no Digital Archiving policy yet.
Web site: jiimc.riphah.edu.pk
E mail: email@example.com
Managing Editor JIIMC
Westridge-III, Pakistan Railway Hospital
Islamic International Medical College, Rawalpindi