JIIMC follows the guidelines of ICMJE, PMDC and HEC for any kind of plagiarism. These guidelines can be accessed at www.icmje.org, www.pmdc.gov.pk and www.Hec.gov.pk . Author is advised to go through these guidelines before submitting their manuscript with JIIMC. The cases of plagiarism will be dealt according to rules and regulations/recommendation of the ICMJE, PMDC and HEC. The disciplinary committee of JIIMC comprises of the staff, Managing editors and Editor in Chief to deal with cases of plagiarism.
All articles submitted to JIIMC are checked by antiplagiarism software TURNITIN. JIIMC follows the standard definition and description of plagiarism and follow the recommendations by Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE), ICMJE, Pakistan Association of Medical Editors (PAME), Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan policies about plagiarism available on www.cope.org.
- Logical contribution and originality of every manuscript is to be defined by the authors and it is the responsibility of authors to be mindful about various types of plagiarism like plagiarism of ideas, text, paraphrasing, self plagiarism including redundant/duplicate publication, salami slicing (data fragmentation) and text recycling etc. Unawareness about plagiarism and its various types will not be accepted as an explanation.
- Any manuscript submitted for publication or a manuscript accepted for publication or even an article that has already been published in the journal, if found to be plagiarized, the matter will be dealt with in accordance to COPE guidelines.
- Editorial Board will immediately stop the processing/ publication of he article and will ask for an explanation from the corresponding author. He will be liable to respond with an explanation in 04 weeks.
- In case an satisfactory explanation editorial board may recommend appropriate changes after which the review process for the submitted manuscript may commence.
- In case of non response in the required time or unsatisfactory explanation, the editorial board will decide about the fate of the article and authors including rejection of the manuscript,
- Withdrawal of already published article (as the case may be).
- Barring the authors(s) from further publication in the JIIMC for one year or permanent depending upon the nature of offence.
- The author will be on watch. HEC, PMDC and author’s institute will also be notified for information and possible action.
- In case of multiple submissions, editors of other journals will also be informed. The author(s) will have to provide documentary proof of retraction from publication, if such a defence is pleaded.
- Those claiming intellectual/idea or data theft of an article must provide documentary proof in their claim